Geisha bringing a cup of tea. Black and red background.
Furoshiki (風呂敷, furoshiki) is a type of traditional Japanese wrapping cloth that is used to wrap gifts or to transport goods.
Bojagi(보자기): a similar square cloth in Korea
Dimensions(inches): 26 7/8" x 27 5/8"
Material: Rayon 100%
- Eco-Friendly wrapping cloth: the fabric can be
reused and reduce wrapping papers.
- Multipurpose: can be used to wrap gifts, to transport goods like a bag or to decorate interior such as a wall decoration using an apparatus below.
How to Wash?
1) Hand wash with hand-washing detergent. NO MACHINE WASH
2) Wash in cool or tepid (temperate) water.
3) Never wring, twist, or bunch up rayon. Shake it out gently and smooth out the wrinkles with your hands.
4) Hang it on a non-metal hanger to dry
5) Be sure to iron all rayon inside out to prevent it from shining. Use low heat and press it while it is slightly damp to ease the wrinkling.Or you can dry-clean it. It's easier, but definitely not eco-friendly anymore though...
How to Use?
from Minister of Environment, Government of Japan Website